[Dune] dune-grid r4390 - trunk/grid/alugrid/3d

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 17 13:48:47 CEST 2008

Hi Dune,

I don't see any advantage in this proposal. The world nullptr is just a
suggestion and might change in the future. This could mean that we always have
to provide a macro. Moreover, the casts would still have to be added, since
even (void*)0 does not cast into MyPointer* automatically.

I think we should wait at least until gcc incorporates such a keyword into
-std=c++0x. But even then, users will likely use older compilers and we have
to remain compatible with them, meaning we still might have to cast.

By the way: Calling a constructor like pair< A*, int >( nullptr, -1 ) is a bad
idea anyway because the argument types are template parameters.

Cheers,

Martin