[Dune] New numbering

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 8 14:21:35 CEST 2009

Hi Andreas!
I don't write the documentation because,I don't have the necessary
information, and I am not willing to reverse-engineer the new code to
get it.
What should I write into a news entry?  'We changed the numbers, but I
don't really know how, either?'  :-)

Oliver

Andreas Dedner schrieb:

> Oliver Sander wrote:
>> Dear Dune!
>> I still have problems with the new numbering.
>> - The doxygen page on transition to the new ref elements is empty
>> - I would _never_ find it if I didn't follow the commit mails
>>    a) why isn't it mentioned on the 'recent changes' page?
> It is not empty in my firefox!
>
>>    b) why isn't there a news entry?
> Write one!
>

>> I think we agreed on the danger of this change.  I would expect
>> bold-face red-ink warnings all over the place.  As Otto Normaluser
>> I would currently just think that 'oh they changed tons of names
>> again' and adapt my calls accordingly.
> Do it! (and Otto Normaluser should be using the release at the moment)
>> - As a grid maintainer I would like to see a lists of changes,
>>   old numberings vs. new ones, and not just methods that do the
>>   renumbering for me.  I have found the illustrations of the new
>>   references elements, but I am unwilling to print out the old and
>>   new ones and compare ('In diesem Bild hat der Zeichner zehn
>>   Fehler versteckt...').
> Look at the transition page !which is not emoty!
>
> Andreas
>> --
>> Oliver

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *