[Dune] Write access for Carsten Gräser

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 29 11:58:47 CEST 2009

Hi Robert!
I feel flattered to be compared to Al Pacino :-)
And I think that whatever the rules are it is polite to ask the others
before granting write access to somebody.

Robert Kloefkorn schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I like to add the following comment to the point
> "How to get write access to the code modules".
>
> In February 2007 we decided, that write access to the core modules can
> be granted by any DUNE developer (there are 8 of them right now, see web
> page). The DUNE developer that granted write access is the responsible
> for the guy he granted write access for.
>
> This works like in the movie Donnie Brasco
> (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119008/) where Benjamin (alias Al Pacino)
> is a guy belonging to the mafia and bringing Donnie (alias Johnny Depp)
> to work for the mafia too. From that time on he is responsible for
> whatever Donnie does wrong. In the end Donnie turns out to be an FBI
> agent.... see the movie.
>
> To summarize, there was nothing to ask, Oli. If you feel that Carsten
> should have write access, then he'll get write access. The same counts
> for all other questions of this kind.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robert
>
> PS: Of course I'm fine with Carsten having write access to the core
> modules. Actually, there are certain thing that have to be done in
> dune-grid ... :-D

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *