[Dune] Vector Data to VTK format?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Feb 24 16:01:03 CET 2009

Am Tue, 24. Feb 2009, 14:15:20 +0100 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> > in the VTKFunction interface the method ncomp returns the number of
> > components. As far as I have understood it, this value is either
> > 1: scalar
> > 3: vector
> > I think all values in between are not valid?
>
> You are wrong, VTK can only handle scalar or dim=3 data, but the
> VTKWriter does the padding. If some data is stored without padding,
> this is a bug in the VTKWriter.

Actually, it _can_ handle dim=2 data (I just checked with paraview).  Only
coordinates have to be dim=3, otherwise paraview segfaults.  Of course,
paraview filters made for vector data don't seem to work with dim=2 data, so
since we're targeting paraview, life is a lot easier if we just extend dim=2
data to dim=3.  Other filters like Calculator do work however.

Bye,
Jö.

--
<ex-bart> beleidige cernlib
-:- SignOff Volk1: #macht (EOF From client)