[Dune] Dumux released

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jul 1 19:56:37 CEST 2009

Dear Dune,

I am happy to announce the 1.0 release of Dumux under the GPL. At
www.dumux.uni-stuttgart.de,
you can find more information including a download link. Any comments
from your side will be highly appreciated.

Dumux is short for "DUne for MUlti-{phase, component, scale, physics,
...} flow and transport in porous media." Our main intention is to
provide a DUNE-based framework for easy and efficient implementation of
models from porous media flow problems, ranging from problem
formulation, the selection of spatial and temporal discretization
schemes, as well as nonlinear solvers, up to general concepts for model
coupling. Moreover, Dumux includes ready to use numerical models and
example applications.

The development of Dumux started in January 2007 at the Department of
Hydromechanics and Modeling of Hydrosystems at the University of
Stuttgart, meanwhile it is also partly developed at the Institute for
Applied Analysis and Numerical Simulation at the same university. Dumux
is also part of the Open Porous Media initiative, which was mentioned by
Atgeirr in his email earlier this week.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for developing
free software of such a high quality, of course especially those of you
who were always willing to help us. There is a lot more to come in our
unstable development branch and in our plans, and we are looking forward
to achieve this together with you.

Kind regards
Bernd and release manager Andreas
on behalf of the Dumux development team

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                       url: www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de