[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-common r5537 - trunk/bin#

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jun 10 15:41:53 CEST 2009

Hi Christian, hi Sven,

of course, Christian is right that the file I used will not work for installed
versions of Dune. However, I agree that a file in the home directory is
problematic, too (and it was never fool-proof in the sense mentioned by
Christian).

There are at least the following solutions to this problem:

(a) do a correct implementation (that might take weeks with no extra gain)

(b) remove the feature again

(c) leave it as it is

(d) let the user specify the file in his options (if none is given, we simply
disable the resume feature).

All I wanted was a fast and easy to use possibility to resume a failed
dunecontrol run (because this frequently happens to me). That's why I would be
content with solution (d). On the other hand, this is a bit harder to
communicate to the "users".

What are your opinions?

Yours,

Martin