[Dune] iterative solver for a very heterogeneous system

Nguyen Vinh Phu nvinhphu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:21:39 CET 2009

Dear sir,

I am a PhD student at TU Delft, the Netherlands. My current works involves
the solution
of a static finite element problem (solid mechanics) consisting of different
materials with Young modulus ranging from unity
(softest material) to 1e+05 (hardest material). I have tried to use the
AGMRES solver with ILU0 preconditioner
but the performance of the solver was very bad which I think due to the huge
contrast in the Young modulus.

I have been searching for solvers/preconditioners appropriate to my problem
and I found yours.
It is no doubt that your program is great but I am not sure if your solvers
can solve my problem.
Could you give me your opinion on this please?

I thank you very much and best regards from Delft.

Vinh Phu Nguyen