[Dune] parallel ALUGrid question

Christian May cmay at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 16 16:00:28 CET 2009

Dear dune developers,

serial ALUGrid works fine, but I have some trouble running the parallel
version of ALUGrid.

The config.log of ALUGrid says

configure:18266: checking for which type of run mode ALUGrid can be used
configure:18268: result: parallel

and dune-grid's config.log says

configure:27934: checking for alugrid_parallel.h
configure:27941: result: yes

so it should be configured right. I then include

#include <alugrid_parallel.h>
#include <dune/grid/io/file/dgfparser/dgfalu.hh>

and create the grid using

   typedef Dune::ALUCubeGrid<3,3> GridType;
   Dune::GridPtr<GridType> gridptr("testgridsmall.dgf", MPI_COMM_WORLD );

However, the whole grid is assigned to the first process. What could I
have missed?

Thanks

Christian May

ETH Zurich
Institute for Theoretical Physics, HIT K 31.5
CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel: + 41 44 633 79 61
Fax: + 41 44 633 11 15

Email: cmay at itp.phys.ethz.ch