[Dune] Accessing cells from faces

Carsten Graeser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 31 15:34:12 CEST 2009

Hi Dragan,
the interface only provides the access from entities with codim c
to subentities with codim d>=c. Not the other way around. Normally
the latter can be avoided by reorganizing your code/loops.

Regards
Carsten

Dragan Vidovic schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> I use a LeafGridView::template Codim<1>::Iterator to iterate all faces
> in the grid. For each face I need to refer to the neighboring cells
> (codim 0) and get their centroids. I guess it's only possible to refer
> from a cell to a face and not the other way around because this would
> require some extra storage, but before I start hacking it I'd like to
> ask if someone knows something about this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dragan

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser