[Dune] Feature requests

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 4 16:41:10 CET 2009

Dear Developers,
I just had a look at the open feature requests in the bug
tracker and found several categories:

a) Requests that require some nontrivial discussion or research.
   Most of them are covered by suggested topic for the meeting.
b) Requests that simply need to be done (improve doc, improve implementation, ...)
c) Requests that basically require a yes or no decision
   on the original request or one solution that came up in the discussion.

Requests of category c) typically don't get much attention, which
is annoying for the people that started them because they need it.
I can only guess that the reason is a mixture of:

1) Just do it, why do you ask.
2) I do not object.
3) I do not care.
4) I'm not sure about this but I don't want to think about/discuss it now.

In order to avoid waisting time at the meeting on trivial questions
it would be nice if you could have a short look at these requests
and put your objections or agreements there.
Perhaps we can then close some of these requests by accepting
or rejecting them without long discussions.

In my opinion this might be possible for the following tasks:

395, 595, 220, 463, 412, 577, 644, 9, 335, 396, 356, 540, 355, 396.

Best regards
Carsten

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser