[Dune] User Meeting Date Poll

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 13 11:04:16 CET 2009

Dear Dune,

after some off-the list discussion between the potential hosts, it was
decided that the Dune user meeting will take place in Kirchzarten close
to Freiburg, http://www.kurhaus-kirchzarten.info/. A big thanks to the
Freiburg people for volunteering to organize our stay there!

We have two possible dates to choose from:
22.-25.2.2010
22.-25.3.2010
If you are interested to join the meeting, please participate in the
doodle poll at http://www.doodle.com/d3nmmgse9cqu5zi8
until next Wednesday, 18.11.

We also heavily appreciate any proposals from you concerning the content
of our meeting! Please send your thoughts to this list.

So far, Freiburg had the following thoughts, which sound reasonable to
me: The meeting should be around 3.5 days such that there will be enough
time for actually doing something together and not just listening to
each others' presentations. Nevertheless, there will of course be talks,
where everyone interested should have the possibility to present his
work as a Dune user to the other users and developers. For this, we
thought of 45+15 minutes, but shorter ones are also ok. In addition to
these talks, we then have hopefully quite some time for discussions and
other joint efforts.

I also think of doing some kind of questionnaire before the meeting,
with questions like "what dune modules do you use?" and to present the
results at the meeting to obtain a sort of global view on "the Dune
users." For this, your input will also be appreciated.

Kind regards
Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de