[Dune] GenericReferenceElement::global

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 18 22:41:00 CET 2009

Carsten Gräser schrieb:
> Dear all,
> I'm a little confused about GenericReferenceElement. There are two
> global() methods. Both take the codim as template argument. One also
> takes an additional int c as argument. The only difference is that
> the second one checks if c==codim. Is there any need for this method ?
I just discovered another question:
What is the meaning of the face argument of the HybridMapping::normal() ?
>From the coordinate types I assume that the method provides the normal
of the face represented by the mapping with respect to the whole reference
element. What's the semantics of the additional face argument ?

Best regards
Carsten

> My second questions is how to check whether a point in the reference
> element is contained in a subentity. checkInside() uses local coordinated
> wrt the subentity. These could perhaps by obtained using the local()
> method of the HybridMapping obtained by mapping().
> However there are no local coordinates if the point is not contained
> in at least the span of the subentity. The semantics of local() in this
> case is unclear. (Unfortunately there is no doc for HybridMapping.)
>
> Any ideas how to check this ?

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser