[Dune] Dune-ISTL: make check fails in dune/istl/paamg/test

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Fri Oct 2 13:36:41 CEST 2009

All,

I have stumbled upon an issue which I cannot resolve on my own.  I'm fully prepared to accept that I've made mistakes in my configuration in which case I'll happily make amends.  On the off chance that there might be an error in dune-istl, however, I thought I'd send an inquiry to the list.

I have stock dune-istl sources at SVN revision -r1092.  Then, if I cd ${path_to}/dune-istl/istl/paamg/test and type

    $ make check

the build dies whilst building 'galerkintest'.  Most of this is probably related to revision -r1084 which removed the template parameter from Dune::Interface and Dune::BufferedCommunicator but as far as I can tell didn't update the tests accordingly.

Updating the tests still leaves the following error though:

    mpicxx [options] -DMPIPP_H -DENABLE_MPI=1 [options] `test -f 'galerkintest.cc' || echo './'`galerkintest.cc
    In file included from ../../../dune/istl/paamg/galerkin.hh:6,
                     from galerkintest.cc:6:
    ../../../dune/istl/paamg/pinfo.hh:29: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AllSet’ with no type
    ../../../dune/istl/paamg/pinfo.hh:29: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘<’ token

The only definition I've been able to find for 'AllSet' is in dune-istl/istl/owneroverlapcopy.hh which typedef's an AllSet type in the private: section of class OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication as

#if HAVE_MPI

  /**
   * @brief A class setting up standard communication for a two-valued
   * attribute set with owner/overlap/copy semantics.
   *
   * set up communication from known distribution with owner/overlap/copy semantics
   */
  template <class GlobalIdType, class LocalIdType=int>
  class OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication
  {
	// used types
      	// ... elided ...
	  typedef Combine<OwnerOverlapSet,EnumItem<AttributeSet,OwnerOverlapCopyAttributeSet::copy>,AttributeSet> AllSet;
      	// ... elided ...
    };
#endif

My question then becomes if I am missing something obvious?  I have attached a (slightly 'prettified') type script of my "make check" session.  Any and all comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  For the record, I have configured Dune using the following option file:

AUTOGEN_FLAGS='--ac=-263 --am=-1.11'
CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--enable-dunedevel --enable-old-numbering --enable-parallel --disable-mpiruntest --disable-documentation --disable-expressiontemplates CXX=mpicxx CC=mpicc F77=mpif90 MPICC=mpicc CXXFLAGS='-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -ggdb3 -Wall -std=c++0x -Wextra' CFLAGS='-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -ggdb3 -Wall -std=c++0x -Wextra' --with-boost=/home/bska/system/usr/local/ --with-boost-libdir=/home/bska/system/usr/local/lib64"
MAKE_FLAGS='all'

where 'mpicxx' is the OpenMPI 1.3 wrapper for

   g++43 (GCC) 4.3.3