[Dune] Memory leak, valgrind check, Dune

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Oct 7 18:14:00 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 05:16:42PM +0200, Oswald Benedikt wrote:
> Dear Dune, we are currently experiencing a memory leak problem in our code. Below you find
> an excerpt of a valgrind run. I think this problem may related to FS#556 - GenericReferenceElements leak memory.

These should not pose any problem. The memory is allocated in
singletons and freed upon exit. BTW it is just 20 kb.

> Indeed, we ran into troubles when we used the code on 64 cores for
> about 8000 timesteps.

Please be more precise? What troubles? Where? ...

Do the problems occur when using OpenMPI? Which version? Do you use
ISTL?

You are probably aware that there is a problem with some OpenMPI
versions.

Regards,

Markus