[Dune] [graeser at math.fu-berlin.de: Re: [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r5810 - trunk/grid/alugrid]

Sven Marnach sven at pantoffel-wg.de
Mon Oct 12 18:26:19 CEST 2009

----- Forwarded message from Carsten Gräser <graeser at math.fu-berlin.de> -----

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:09:49 +0200
From: Carsten Gräser <graeser at math.fu-berlin.de>
To: Sven Marnach <sven at pantoffel-wg.de>
Subject: Re: [Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r5810 - trunk/grid/alugrid

Sven Marnach schrieb:
> Oliver Sander schrieb am Mo, 12. Okt 2009, um 16:33:31 +0200:
>> Maybe we should rename the file interfaces.hh in dune-common to
>> cloneable.hh,
>> because that describes more precisely what the file contains.
>
> Good idea.  "interfaces.hh" sounds like something very fundamental.

In my opinion being clonable is something very fundamental
and I don't like renaming it for the following reason:

Ofter the virtual constructor idiom also introduces a virtual
create() method in the Clonable interface. This is obviously
to restrictive. But we might need it as separate interface
which then also should reside in a separate file.
IMHO it's cleaner to have these interfaces together in one file.

Regards
Carsten

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser