[Dune] News about Dune on Cray XT5

Oswald Benedikt Benedikt.Oswald at psi.ch
Mon Oct 26 17:20:08 CET 2009

Dear Dune, you may be interest to hear that we have installed our computational electrodynamics code
on the Cray XT5 (Rosa) at the Swiss Center for Scientific Computing in Manno (www.cscs.ch).

We have used ALUGrid as the unstructured grid manager.

So far we have compiled and run our code with 512 cores, but will gradually increase the number
of cores used in order to study how the code scales and works with much more cores. The idea
would be to use 4096 or more on a routine basis.

It is very encouraging to see that Dune almost seamlessly compiles and links on Cray's
Compute Node Linux (CLE) operating environment.

Thus, we use Dune from the Laptop to the Supercomputer.

Have a great day, Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12
"Passion is required for any great work, and for the Revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.
http://maxwell.psi.ch/amaswiki/index.php/User:BenediktOswald