[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r6593 - releases/2.0/dune/grid/albertagrid/test

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri Apr 9 11:04:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 10:40:15AM +0200, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> Am Fri,  9. Apr 2010, 10:31:40 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> > I just changed the return value of the "expected failure". The
> > programe states that there was an expected failure, but returns
> > true. This contradicts the XFAIL semantics.
>
> Actually, the expected failure was a segmentation fault.  I guess my
> documentation was somewhat lacking.

But what does then the following output mean?

      std::cout << "The following stuff is expected to fail currently, because the recursive" << std::endl
                << "bisection algorithm of alberta will run into an endless recursion for" << std::endl
                << "certain grids.  See Flyspry#569." << std::endl;

Actually it is not expected to fail, but to produce a segfault?! In
that case the test is truely failing, because the bug is fixed.

So either we remove the test, or fix it.

I'm awaiting patches ;-)