[Dune] Error: "dunedoxynize global style not found" running dunecontrol

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 22 22:06:52 CEST 2010

Dear Dune,

there has been flyspray task #769
http://www.dune-project.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=769
on this topic. It has been closed after dunedoxynize has
been added to the 2.0 release branch.

But it is not contained in the 2.0beta1 tarballs, and
simply adding dunedoxynize to the unpacked tarball did not
help in my case.

I tested with the 2.0 release branch svn version and
everything was ok. I do not know if this says something
about the tarball created from it.

Kind regards
Bernd

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:47:55 +0200
  Atgeirr Rasmussen <Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no> wrote:
> Dear Jö, Wolfgang, Dune,
>
> I have a very similar problem, when building the svn
>version of dune-cornerpoint
> with the beta1 tarballs:

>Found am directory
>/Users/atgeirr/dune-beta/dune-common-2.0beta1/am
> --> dunedoxynize...
> /Users/atgeirr/dune-beta/dune-common-2.0beta1/bin/dune-autogen:
>line 106: dunedoxynize: command not found
>
> There is no dunedoxynize program in the bin/ directory
>above, but there is one in the bin/-directory of
>dune-common from svn.
>
> According to the buildsystem howto, dunedoxynize is run
>by dune-autogen. My guess is that it is not possible to
>combine tarballs (on which autogen has been run) of the
>core modules with svn modules (on which it has not). If
>anyone with actual knowledge of this could clarify it, I
>would appreciate it.
>
> Atgeirr
>
> PS.
> I have attached the opts file (have been using the same
>for a while), and the command lines used were:
> dune-common-2.0beta1/bin/dunecontrol
>--opts=options.debug all
> [succeeds]
> svn co
>http://public.ict.sintef.no/openrs/svn/trunk/dune-cornerpoint
> [succeeds]
> dune-common-2.0beta1/bin/dunecontrol
>--opts=options.debug --only=dune-cornerpoint all
> [fails as above]
>

> Am Wed, 21. Apr 2010, 18:30:40 +0200 schrieb
>giese at mathematik.hu-berlin.de:
>> I am using bete.1 version of dune-pdelab. Running
>>dunecontrol I get the
>> following error message:
>
> You need to be a little bit more specific.  That thing
>up there looks very
> much like beta1 but there ist not beta1 version of
>dune-pdelab.  I know of
> two, maybe three versions: the 1.2snapshot, the trunk,
>and possibly some
> version handed out at a dune-course.  We will need the
>output of "svn info"
> from within dune-pdelabs directory.  We will need the
>same information for
> your other dune-modules as well, or, if you didn't get
>them via svn, we will
> need to now how exactly you got them instead.
>
>> --> dunedoxynize...
>> Error: dunedoxynize global style not found
>>
>> I already set documentation on disabled in my dune.opts
>>file. How can I
>> solve this problem?
>
> Please send us the exact commandline you used to invoke
>dunecontrol, and the
> contents of you dune.opts-file.
>
> Thanks,
> Jö.
>
> --
> Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: