[Dune] Fwd: Re: [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r7214 - trunk/dune/grid/genericgeometry

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Dec 5 12:15:24 CET 2010

Yet another reply gone wrong... ;-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r7214 -
trunk/dune/grid/genericgeometry
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:57:44 +0100
From: Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
To: Christian Engwer <christi at uni-hd.de>

Thank you Christian, this confirms my decision not to use the tuple stuff for
a first implementation. Still, reducing maintenance is a great thing. This
could be implemented through tuples and, hence, should be implemented this
way. I would have done so myself, hadn't it been for the imported tuple
implementations.

Since Carsten seems to have some expertise here, I thought I'd suggest this.
There is a problem with my suggestion, though. How do I access the k-th tuple
element other that Dune::get< k - first >. Is starting by anything different
from zero useful? Does it really make sense to provide the type Int, when get
only takes arguments of type int? In view of this, I guess the functianality
of the CodimTable was already the limit.

Of course, Carsten's suggestion of providing the size rather than the last
element is ok, too. I don't see where the possibility for an empty tuple would
be useful. Maybe you could give a relevant example?

Best,

Martin

--
Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany