[Dune] using cmake to build your dune module

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 7 11:40:57 CET 2010

Dear Dune,

this is definitely something where we would/could contribute since Dumux
can use CMake. Nevertheless it is a time-consuming task to achieve
something which will have all the capabilities the current buildsystem
has. And since it is only a nice-to-have it tends to always fall behind.
But I have not lost hope that we once can contribute something...

Kind regards
Bernd

On 12/07/2010 09:46 AM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> I still think it would be convenient to have duneproject create
> dune modules with a cmake build system instead of the AutoTools one.
> Maybe there is a volunteer who is willing to attempt a patch?
>
> Anyways, thanks for the text.  It provides the dune-developer-
> with-no-experience-in-cmake-yet with an idea of what 'switching to
> cmake' actually means.
>
> best,
> Oliver
>
> Am 06.12.2010 19:08, schrieb Felix Albrecht:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 18:03 +0100, Sascha Zelzer wrote:
>>> I am wondering if the set of files is complete, since in
>>> CMakeLists.txt,
>>> variables like ALL_PKG_CPPFLAGS and DUNEMPICPPFLAGS are used but never
>>> defined.
>> as far as i know, these variables should not have to be set by the user,
>> but rather be provided by e.g. dunecontrol.
>>
>>> Further, the macors HEADERCHECK and ADD_DUNE_EXECUTABLE in
>>> DuneUtils.cmake are never called (ADD_DUNE_EXECUTABLE wouldn't work
>>> because it depends on cmake/regen_config_header.sh).
>> DuneUtils.cmake is a collection of macros that could be useful, although
>> some of them may not be used in my example. I have used HEADERCHECK and
>> it works.
>> ADD_DUNE_EXECUTABLE is a leftover which I will remove, you should use
>> ADD_EXECUTABLE instead. If you have further suggestions, just write me.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Felix
>>
>> --
>>   Felix Albrecht                     Tel.: +49 251 83 35130
>>   Institut fuer Numerische und       Fax:  +49 251 83 32729
>>   Angewandte Mathematik
>>   FB Mathematik und Informatik
>>   Universitaet Muenster
>>   Orleans-Ring 10                    Room: 212
>>   D-48149 Muenster
>>   Mail: felix.albrecht at uni-muenster.de
>>   WWW:  http://www.uni-muenster.de/math/u/felix.albrecht/

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de