[Dune] Dune grid-howto question

Oleh Krehel oleh.krehel at mathmods.eu
Tue Dec 7 14:28:46 CET 2010

Dear Dune developers,

I get this message after "make GRIDDIM=2 GRIDTYPE=ALUGRID_CONFORM
adaptivefinitevolume;./adaptivefinitevolume" :

GridParameterBlock: Parameter 'tolerance' not specified, defaulting to
`1e-08'!

Created serial ALUConformGrid<2,2> from macro grid file
'grids/unitcube2.dgf'.

adaptivefinitevolume:
/localhome/krehel/currentDUNE/dune-grid/dune/grid/utility/persistentcontainer.hh:102:
typename Vector::value_type& Dune::PersistentContainerVector<Grid, Index,
Vector>::operator[](const Entity&) [with Entity = Dune::Entity<0, 2, const
Dune::ALU2dGrid<2, 2, (ALUGridSpace::ElementType)0u>,
Dune::ALU2dGridEntity>, Grid = Dune::ALUConformGrid<2, 2>, Index =
Dune::ALU2dGridHierarchicIndexSet<2, 2, (ALUGridSpace::ElementType)0u>,
Vector = std::vector<RestrictedValue, std::allocator<RestrictedValue> >]:
Assertion `(typename Index::IndexType) index_.index( entity ) < (typename
Index::IndexType) data_.size()' failed.
Aborted

This message after "make GRIDDIM=2 GRIDTYPE=ALBERTAGRID
adaptivefinitevolume;./adaptivefinitevolume" :

GridParameterBlock: Parameter 'refinementedge' not specified, defaulting to
'ARBITRARY'.
check_mesh:         checking mesh 'DUNE AlbertaGrid'
                    checking done; no error detected
adaptivefinitevolume:
/localhome/krehel/currentDUNE/dune-grid/dune/grid/utility/persistentcontainer.hh:102:
typename Vector::value_type& Dune::PersistentContainerVector<Grid, Index,
Vector>::operator[](const Entity&) [with Entity = Dune::Entity<0, 2, const
Dune::AlbertaGrid<2, 2>, Dune::AlbertaGridEntity>, Grid =
Dune::AlbertaGrid<2, 2>, Index = Dune::AlbertaGridHierarchicIndexSet<2, 2>,
Vector = std::vector<RestrictedValue, std::allocator<RestrictedValue> >]:
Assertion `(typename Index::IndexType) index_.index( entity ) < (typename
Index::IndexType) data_.size()' failed.
Aborted

But everything works with GRIDTYPE=ALUGRID_SIMPLEX. All Dune modules are
current in this case( first I tried with week old svn version, then with
today's version).

I have checked what happens in 2.0 for these 3 grids - everything works.
I also tried in 2.0, for curiosity's sake, GRIDTYPE=YASPGRID - the program
works, but the results crash my Paraview 3.8.1 with Segmentation fault.

best regards,
Oleh Krehel