[Dune] problem with alberta, cannot find "ldunealbertagrid_0d"

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 1 23:21:31 CET 2010

Hi Martin!
Is this the official long-term solution?  I do not find it satisfactory.

I installed Alberta a few month ago to test something once, and then
forgot about it.  Now all of a sudden I get these

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldunealbertagrid_0d

errors all over the place.  Putting GRIDDIM=2 in my Makefile makes
it go away alright, but who is going to figure that one out?
Why can't it just work?

best,
Oliver

Martin Drohmann schrieb:
> Dear Wolfgang Giese,
>
> It seems like the "GRIDDIM" macro is set to zero. If you use
> ALL_PKG_CPPFLAGS in your Makefile.am it should be enough to add a line
>
>   GRIDDIM=2 # or whatever is true
>
> to your Makefile.am. Otherwise add -DGRIDDIM=2 to your CPPFLAGS.
>
> Martin
>

> On 28 January 2010 19:16,  <giese at math.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear Dune-Developers,
>>
>> I was wondering if you could help me out with this error message. I've
>> downloaded the latest revision of dune-common, dune-pdelab,
>> dune-localfunctions, dune-grid, dune-istl and I am using ALBERTA 2.0.1.
>> When executing dunecontrol, dune is looking for the file
>> "ldunealbertagrid_0d", which atually does not exist... The end of the
>> error message looks as follows:
>>
>> libtool: link: warning: library
>> `/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/alberta/lib/libalberta_util.la'
>> was moved.
>> libtool: link: warning: library
>> `/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/alberta/lib/libalberta_util.la'
>> was moved.
>> libtool: link: g++ -std=c++0x -g -O2 -o dune_yeastdg
>> dune_yeastdg-dune_yeastdg.o
>> -L/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-grid/lib
>> -L/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-common/lib
>> -ldunealbertagrid_0d
>> -L/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/alberta/lib -lalberta_0d
>> /home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/alberta/lib/libalberta_util.a -lm
>> /home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-grid/lib/.libs/libdunegrid.a
>> /home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-common/lib/.libs/libdunecommon.a
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldunealbertagrid_0d
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[3]: *** [dune_yeastdg] Error 1
>> make[3]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-yeastdg/src'
>> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-yeastdg/src'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/basar/Personal/Wolfgang_Giese/Dune/dune-yeastdg'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>> --- Failed to build dune-yeastdg ---
>> Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!
>>

>> I would be very grateful if you could help me!
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Wolfgang Giese

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *