[Dune] problem with alberta, cannot find "ldunealbertagrid_0d"

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Feb 3 12:37:41 CET 2010

Am Tue,  2. Feb 2010, 18:23:47 +0100 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> > For me, solutions (h) and (a) are becoming the most promising. But as
> > Christian indicated that he might have antother solution, I would wait with
> > the decision.
>
> The nested variable expansion seems to be a viable solution and should
> work on most platforms. An other option is to add shell-substitutions
> to the linker command line. Now we can use shell-ifs to react on the
> specific dimension.

The nested variable expansion has the advantage that we can do conditional
compilation, where it is decided at make-time which programs are compiled and
which are not:

ALBERTA1D_PROGRAMS = testalberta$(EXEEXT)
ALBERTA2D_PROGRAMS = testalberta$(EXEEXT)
ALBERTA3D_PROGRAMS = testalberta$(EXEEXT)

EXTRA_PROGRAMS = testalberta

check_PROGRAMS = $(ALBERTA$(ALBERTA_DIM)D_PROGRAMS)

This is not possible when the substitution is done by the shell.

Jö.

--
Das Leben ist eine Krankheit, die tödlich endet.