[Dune] Bugreport ALUgrid

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Feb 10 10:00:27 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:42:38AM +0100, Robert Kloefkorn wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> > - I have sequentiell ALUgrid 1.22
> > - I have MPI Installed
> > - the ALUGrid test fails, because ALUgrid assumes that MPI is only
> >   available if ALUgrid was built for parallel usage.
>
> you have to be a bit more specific. When I repeat the things you
> mentioned then test-alugrid in dune/grid/test compiles and runs. So
> what is the problem actually? I'm using gcc-4.3.4 and openmpi-1.2.9.
> If you have MPI installed you did you manage to get an serial
> ALUGrid anyway?

Well, I assume that it is sequential, as I didn't tell ALUGrid to
create a parallel version.

./configure --prefix=/home/christi/DuneAll/alugrid/ CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
make
make install

Then I run dunecontrol with the following configure flags:

CXX=g++-4.3 CC=gcc-4.3 MPICC=mpicc.mpich --enable-parallel
MPICC=mpicc.mpich
--with-alugrid=/home/christi/DuneAll/alugrid

Where does alugrid or dune tell me which version of alugrid is used?