[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-localfunctions r828 - in trunk/dune/localfunctions: common lagrange test

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 12 15:57:06 CET 2010

Of course I would agree that xlc would be good to have on the support list.
But is there any direct correspondence between gcc 3.4 and xlc?
I think that especially testing with gcc 3.4 although we are close to
having a gcc 4.5 is unnecessary - bur is adding a test for xlc (if
possibl)e not
a different issue?

Andreas

Markus Blatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:25:42PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
>
>> I agree with this.  Do we know of actually users who need the backward
>> compatibility and cannot stay with Dune 1.2.2 at the same time?
>>

>> Andreas Dedner schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I think we have to discuss to what extend we really want to still
>>> support these old compiler - especially icc 7 and gcc 3.4.
>>> Could somebody who really uses them comment on this. For example
>>> in Karlsruhe on their cluster they have gcc 4.2 and icc 12.
>>> We said we wanted to have the compatibility for 2.0 and lets go ahead
>>> with that but some of the fixes checked in to manage this have  not been
>>> very nice code and if nobody requires the old compiler I would
>>> suggest to revert some of the changes (e.g. in
>>> dune-lf/dune/lf/utility/field.hh)
>>> in the trunk and to drop those old compilers from the compatibility list
>>> for the next release.
>>> Best