[Dune] Dune::IdSet

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 15 12:33:19 CET 2010

Hi!
I don't think we have that guarantee.  But you are right, I was
being imprecise.  What I meant was this:  in a run with a single
processor, the two id sets have the same properties, but don't
necessarily yield the same numbers.

Oliver

Markus Blatt schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:15:40PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
>
>> Global ids are unique across all processors.  Local ids are unique
>> only on each processor.  Hence you may have two entities on two
>> different processors with the same local id.  If your programm runs
>> on a single processor there is no difference.
>>

> do we really have the guarantee, that global id equals local id for
> sequential programs? Even if this is the case for the current
> implementations, I doubt that this guarantee exists and make sense in
> all cases.
>
> Markus

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *