[Dune] Dune and CMake

Franz Rammerstorfer franz.rammerstorfer at tugraz.at
Mon Feb 15 18:26:08 CET 2010

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie in dune, and I've unfortunately no
experience with the GNU AutoTools.  Up to now I've always used
CMake, and I pretty much like it.  So I've built DUNE as it's
described in the installation notes, e.g.  dune-common, dune-grid
and the external lib alugrid - without problems.
Afterwards I linked the libs
.../dune-install-dir/lib/libdunecommon.a
.../dune-install-dir/lib/libdunegrid.a
.../alu-install-dir/lib/libalugrid.a
to my project, using CMake. Some functionality like 'SGrid' or
'FieldVector' is
working, but nothing which belongs to alugrid.

Does anybody use CMake too, to link dune with his own code? Maybe
someone has written a FindDune.cmake script with the right
libs. Is it possible to build Dune itself with CMake?

Thanks,
Franz