[Dune] undefined macro?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Feb 25 17:28:39 CET 2010

Am Thu, 25. Feb 2010, 11:19:11 +0100 schrieb Guo  Hua:
> After I use ./dune-common/bin/duneproject to create a new project( without doing any changes to configure.ac or Makefile.am or any files generated automatically).
> And I tried aclocal, which resulted in such errors.
>
> [guo at merlin00 dbs]$ aclocal
> '/usr/share/aclocal/libgcrypt.m4:23: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> configure.ac:5: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> /usr/share/aclocal-1.9/init.m4:103: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
> configure.ac:5: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
>
> What is the problem? my version of aclocal is 1.9.2.

One problem is that you call aclocal directly.  This is expected not to work,
since aclocal requires the paths to several m4-directories.  And only
dunecontrol can figure those out.  Besides, there is also the matter of
dependencies.m4 which must be generated by dunecontrol before aclocal can
successfully run.  So, don't run aclocal directly, it is better to run
"dunecontrol autogen" to generate the build system.

There might be other problems, but please try to run "dunecontrol autogen" and
tell us if the works.

Bye,
Jö.

--
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/te/17529/1.html
"Wer nichts zu verbergen hat, kann auch seine echte Emailadresse