[Dune] Boost and autoconf

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 14 21:05:22 CET 2010

Hi,
>> Dear all,
>> in our private dune-module in Berlin we have a small interface to
>> boost::serialization. In order to automate building we copied
>> corresponding autoconf tests from 'http://www.nongnu.org/autoconf-archive'
>>
>> With minor modifications they work well on all our 32/64bit debian/ubuntu
>> systems. However, one test (and configure) aborts on 64bit OpenSuse systems
>> of some students.
>
> Even with the test available, just saying "does not work on system x,
> any idears?" is not enough information for getting any hints.
OK, 'does not work means' the configure script aborts with

	Could not link against -lGL !

This seems to be OpenGl related, but '-lGL' is just the content
of the ax_lib variable that remains from the much earlier OpenGL test.
The boost test does in general also uses this variable but in this
case it is not reset.

> BTW: I fear (read: hope) nobody of the core developer is working with
> SuSE
Perhaps it would help if some has a working autoconf tests for
boost libraries (that is not the one from nongnu).

I could also send the tests and the corresponding part of the
configure script (~700 lines) but I'm afraid this will not
help without the possibility to test on Suse.

Best Regards
Carsten

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser