[Dune] boundaryIndex on coarse grid

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 18 13:54:45 CET 2010

I agree with Andreas!  A BoundarySegment corresponds to the face
of a coarse grid element.

Andreas Dedner schrieb:
>  From the view of the GridFactories I thoght that a boundary segment
> can only have one element? Or in other words to each boundary segment
> there is a unique interior level 0 codimension 0 entity which returns
> this boundary segment as intersection. At least in ALU or Alberta
> calling insertBoundarySegment with something that spans more than one
> Entity<0> would lead to an error.
> Andreas
>
> Christian Engwer wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:59:24AM +0100, Andreas Dedner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I thought that each level 0 boundary segment should have a unique
>>> Andreas
>>>
>> Yes, the segments should have a unique index, but it is not stated,
>> that you can only have one element per segment.
>>
>> Christian

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *