[Dune] warnings in grid check

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 22 12:13:12 CET 2010

Hi!
It was an explicit goal to support the entire old numbering in 2.0.
Therefore we need to test it and cannot simply switch off the tests.

Andreas Dedner schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> is it necessary to still check all the deprecated methods in the grid
> check? I find it quite
> difficult to find the real problems due to about 200 warning concerning
> the use of
> deprecated methods (subIndex<c> for examples). One can get rid of them
> by defining
> DISABLE_DEPRECATED_METHOD_CHECK but I find that a bit combersom.
>
> Could we remove those tests or enable them with
> ENABE_DEPRECATED_METHOD_CHECK which then should prehaps also lead to
> a disabling of the deprecated method warning. Alternatively it might be
> time to
> change the default behavior of DUNE_ENABLE_OLD_NUMBERING which seems to
> be set to 1 by default. Should 2.0 perhaps not define this macro and
> leave it to the user
> to set it if required?
>
> Best
> Andreas

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *