[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r6768 - trunk/dune/grid/io/file/vtk

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Wed Jun 9 11:54:42 CEST 2010

Hi Jö, I have a question related to the VTK writer which is not 2D but 3D
but might still be applicable to 2d as well:

What are the location at which the VTK function provided by Dune
samples the field in an element ?

Is this at one single point or can I somehow specify that sampling
takes place at more than one point ?

This is important for us when we want to use a mesh with higher
order basis functions but not so fine a mesh.

Thanks and greetings to Heidelberg! Benedikt

On Jun 8, 2010, at 6:54 PM, Jö Fahlke wrote:

> Am Tue,  8. Jun 2010, 18:47:32 +0200 schrieb joe at dune-project.org:
>> [VTKWriter] Fix binaryappended mode when 2D vector-valued data is involved.
>
> More specifically, that should have been "2D vector-valued _cell_ data".
>
> In a related note, contrary to what I have heard, binary mode works just
> fine.
>
> Jö.
>
> --
> Interpunktion, Orthographie und Grammatik der Email ist frei erfunden.
> Eine Übereinstimmung mit aktuellen oder ehemaligen Regeln wäre rein
> zufällig und ist nicht beabsichtigt.

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist, http://amas.web.psi.ch
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.