[Dune] Are there hanging nodes in Alugrid

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 25 15:05:26 CEST 2010

Hi,
UGGrid does also do refinement with hanging nodes, if you call
grid.setClosureType(NONE);
It will even allow arbitrary levels of non-conformity, if you happen
to need that.

Am 2010-06-25 14:35, schrieb Andreas Dedner:
> Hi,
> alugrid will refine that tet and no other one. In general: it
> introduces hanging
> nodes but only allows one level of non-conformity, So if you refine
> your tet in the
> middle a second time then some neighboring elements will also be refined.
> Best
> Andreas
>
> On 06/25/2010 02:24 PM, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
>> Dear Dune,
>>
>> We plan to implement adaptive tetrahedron refinement for our
>> electromagnetic solver (HADES3D).
>> We currently use alugrid-1.22 and the question is as follows:
>>
>> If we have a large tetrahedral mesh and we decide to refine 1
>> tetrahedron in its middle,
>> will alugrid refine only that element creating hanging nodes or do
>> something else?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Aleksejs Fomins
>>
>> Paul Scherrer Institut

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *