[Dune] ISTLAllocator

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 11 13:20:24 CET 2010

Hi Markus!
Thanks!  If the reasons are purely historical I would just replace
ISTLAllocator with std::allocator after the release.  In that case
no further explanations are necessary.

best,
Oliver

Markus Blatt schrieb:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:42:43PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
>

>> I just stumbled across the ISTLAllocator class.  It looks very much
>> like what std::allocator is supposed to do.  Could somebody please
>> tell me what the differences are and why we are not using
>> std::allocator directly?
>>

> for historical reasons ;)
>
> Further explanations will follow when I have time.
>
> Markus

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *