[Dune] May I ask a question about Dumux?

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Mar 12 16:41:39 CET 2010

Hey Nguyen,

thank you for your mail. In fact, the 1.0 release of Dumux is based on
dune-disc. In order to make it work, you have to use the svn revisions
mentioned on the Dumux homepage dumux.uni-stuttgart.de/download.html:
dune-common: 5555, dune-grid: 5280, dune-istl: 1031, dune-disc: 560

You can check them out by something like
svn checkout -r5555 ...

Our Dumux svn version meanwhile is based on dune-pdelab instead of
dune-disc. We are working hard on making it available to the public. As
soon as this happens you will receive an email.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 03/12/2010 04:10 PM, nguyenhoang thao wrote:
> Dear Dr.Bernd Flemisch,
>
> My name is Nguyen Thi Hoang Thao, a master student in South Korea, I
> am doing some research about CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage), and I
> want to use Dumux as the model to calculate the dispersion of CO2 in
> sea water.
>
> But one of the main modules that Dumux base on, */dune-disc/*, is now
> not actively maintained anymore, so that when I already completed with
> dune-grid, dune-istl, and dune-common, I do not know how to do next
> with dune-disc.
>
> I mailed to DUNE developer, but he said that he cannot help with any
> problem on dune-disc, so i want to ask you that is dune-disc a
> mandatory module and if I want to use Dumux, I have to install this
> one? If not, how can I finish installing Dumux?
>
> If you have a little free time, would you please answer me this questions?
>
> Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Your sincerely,
> Nguyen.

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de