[Dune] dune-grid on trunk does not compile when ALUGrid is not enabled

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 31 15:00:12 CEST 2010

Dear Dune,

the current trunk of dune-grid currently does not compile without ALUGrid. The problem
is in dune/grid/alugrid/2d/Makefile.am: The variable libalu2d_la_SOURCES is set to
nothing when ALUGRID is not enabled. This causes my automake (1.11.1) to emit a
link command with no object files specified, which in turn causes ar to fail (This is on
OS X, I have no idea what Linux ar does in this case). I fixed it temporarily by adding and
linking to an empty dummy.cc to that directory (unfortunately, the nodist_EXTRA_*_SOURCES
trick doesn't work there), but I don't think that is really a solution...

As a side note, the LDFLAGS and LIBADD variables in that file refer to the 3d version
of the library. Was that intended?

Thanks for your help,

Steffen

Steffen Müthing
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Universitätsstr. 38
70569 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 711 7816 429
Fax: +49 711 7816 340