[Dune] Applying an ISTL InverseOperator to multiple right-hand sides

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue May 4 10:15:34 CEST 2010

Hi Bård!
You could do us a favour by adding what you think is missing
to the documentation and sending me the patch.  Thanks!

best,
Oliver

Am 03.05.2010 17:52, schrieb Bård Skaflestad:

>> Hi Bård!
>>
>> Assembling the matrix once and then solving for all rhs at once (e.g.
>> with a BCRSMatrix<ScaledIdMatrix>) may(!) still be faster, because you
>> get a better cache usage.
>>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> The ScaledIdentityMatrix is indeed a possible solution.  I'll
> investigate its performance characteristics in my case.  Unfortunately
> it is almost entirely undocumented (and doesn't show up amongst the
> classes referenced from the ISTL Matrix documentation), but reading the
> code clearly shows that the ScaledIdentityMatrix wraps a single scalar
> and implements the various operations in terms of this scalar.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *