[Dune] [dune-pdelab] DiscreteGridFunction of PowerGridFunctionSpace

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun May 9 18:30:31 CEST 2010

Hey Christian,

we use a PowerGridFunctionSpace, it seems to work without
problems. I attach our typedefs below, maybe that helps.
The Constraints are hand-made, but should be exchangeable
with other ones.

Kind regards
Bernd

typedef typename
Dune::PDELab::Q1LocalFiniteElementMap<Scalar,Scalar,dim>
FEM;

typedef typename
Dumux::NonoverlappingBoxDirichletConstraints<TypeTag>
Constraints;

typedef Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<GridView, FEM,
Constraints,
Dune::PDELab::ISTLVectorBackend<numEq> >
ScalarGridFunctionSpace;

typedef
Dune::PDELab::PowerGridFunctionSpace<ScalarGridFunctionSpace,
numEq,
Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpaceBlockwiseMapper>
GridFunctionSpace;

On Sat, 8 May 2010 00:45:38 +0200
  Christian Engwer <christi at uni-hd.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to implement a DG Stokes code based on
>PDElab, which will
> serve as a starting point for a transition of my UDG
>Code to PDELab.
>
> Today I managed to implement the block-structure stuff
>in pdelab and
> now I can create a function space like this:
>
> v \in P_k
> p \in P_{k-1}
>
> V_{stokes} = (P_k)^d \times P_{k-1}
>
> Using the sub-space stuff it is quite easy to create a
>scalar discrete
> function for the pressure. But when I try to create a
>vector valued
> discrete function for the velocity
>(PowerGridFunctionSpace<DG-K-Space,dim>)
> I get some errors about missing typedefs in some traits
>etc.
>
> - Did anybody successfully create vector valued discret
>functions?
> - What is the trick?
>
> Christian
>
> PS: did I mention, that we definitely have to improve
>the
> 	documentation?

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: