[Dune] Working with buffer in CommDataHandleIF ?

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Wed May 12 17:27:13 CEST 2010

Hi Markus, thanks very much! Never mind, my question was not very well
posed.

Greetings, Benedikt

On May 12, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 03:56:25PM +0200, Benedikt Oswald wrote:
>> Hi Markus, thanks. Actually, I do it as you suggested.
>> Maybe I should ask the question more precise:
>>
>> if the number of objects communicated is not 1 as in the example,
>> I need to know the ordering in the buffer. Actually, what I sent via
>> the mailing list is an excerpt from the implementation of
>> my derived CommDataHandleIF class.
>>

> I am sorry for not understanding yu previously.
>
> Your approach should work as the buffer is
> first in, first out. The data for one entity will be received in the
> same order as you packed it on the sending side.
>
> Cheers, Markus

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch,
Computational Accelerator Scientist, http://amas.web.psi.ch
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution
passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
  Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.