[Dune] Initial work on Debian packaging

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 27 17:19:49 CEST 2010

Hi Rene!
Thanks for your effort.  I got to the point where I can build and
install packages, but then I cannot use them because of missing
stuff.  Did you check whether your packages are usable?

The '1' in dune-common1 is the Debian way to number ABIs.
It (or some other number) is necessary for Debian.

Having -dbg-packages is nice!

best,
Oliver

On 05/27/10 14:23, Rene Milk wrote:
> Dear DUNE,
>
> I created a "DUNE developers" group on launchpad[1] and did get the
> dune-common packages to build in its personal package archive(ppa,[2]).
> The only real modification necessary to Oliver's debianization was
> changing the distroseries in changelog to "lucid" (current ubuntu).
> I did add building of a seperate -dbg package that should retain the
> unstripped versions of the installed libs if the default install does
> strip symbols (not sure, didn't check).
> I also renamed dune-common1 to dune-common. Oliver, is there a reason
> for the '1' I didn't see?
> Patches reflecting my changes are attached. They're generated from
> git-svn import of the original repo though, so usefulness is somewhat
> doubtful. You can get the full repo by doing
> $ git clone git://dune-project.uni-muenster.de/rene.milk/dune-debian
>
> If anyone is interested on using the launchpadd ppa for testing package
> builds, you'll need a launchpad account, request membership[3] in the
> "DUNE developers" group and I will have to sign off on that (the group
> is currently moderated).
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs/+archive/dune/+packages
> [3] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs/+join

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *