[Dune] about assigning different material properties to different sub domains in parallel

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri Nov 19 16:50:03 CET 2010

Am Fri, 19. Nov 2010, 20:48:08 +0530 schrieb Jayesh Badwaik:
> You said that the parallel computations did not work with UGGrid 2D. Did
> they work with ALUGRID_SIMPLEX??
> I am right now working on a single computer with ALUGRID_SIMPLEX however, I
> will soon need to go parallel.

2D ALUGrid (at least in Dune) does _not_ support parallel computations.  3D
ALUGrid however is a different matter: it does support parallel computations.
If you need a triangular or unstructured grid for parallel computations in 2D
then the only grid manager in Dune that I know of is UG.  It's parallel
features are however not so well-tested, and of course you have to somehow
obtain a copy of UG, which can be a problem since it is non-free.

Please refer to
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Grid-Manager_Features
for a comparison of the features of Dune's grid-managers.

Bye,
Jö.

--
There's no evolution in the US.  It's not allowed.