[Dune] seq ug

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sat Nov 20 23:12:30 CET 2010

Am Sat, 20. Nov 2010, 18:21:06 +0100 schrieb Franz Rammerstorfer:
> I'm currently trying to install ug (tarball 2008-11-13) with patch
> UG-3.9.1-patch3 on a Linux machine. Patch and autogen.sh
> worked fine. Running ./configure --enable-dune gives
> checking whether compiling with  works... no
> configure: error: could not compile MPI testprogram!
>           See config.log for details
>
> Running ./configure --enable-dune --enable-parallel worked fine.
>
> So for sequential ug the old patch is still ok?

Recently something in the detection of MPI by configure changed.  The
installation instructions at
http://www.dune-project.org/external_libraries/install_ug.html appear to be
outdated.  I believe you now have to specify your MPI compiler in the MPICC
and/or MPICXX environment variables to configure, however for me the matter
was not pressing enough to verify that this really works.  If it work for you,
can you please report back here?

Bye,
Jö.

--