[Dune] unused header dune/grid/genericgeometry/referencemappings.hh

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Nov 28 14:04:08 CET 2010

As far as I remember (it's already getting dark around every detail in that
code), the class is now historical.

When starting on the generic stuff, there was no generic reference element
(and it was not decided upon its introduction). Still, access to the reference
mappings was desirable, so I simply implemented them.

Even after the introduction of the generic reference element, it was not
possible to get the reference mapping for an arbitrary "topologyId". It is
only possible after the most recent changes in the
GenericReferenceElementContainer. That's why the class is still used in
dune-localfunctions.

That said, I guess we use the generic reference element in dune-localfunctions
and silently remove referencemappings.hh. Of course, this will have to be
checked very carefully.

Best,

Martin