[Dune] Maximal level difference

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 29 14:44:10 CET 2010

Sorry, I forgot another issue regarding this:

Am 29.11.2010 14:35, schrieb Carsten Gräser:
> Dear dune,
> in dune-subgrid we implemented a simple method to automatically
> add refinement marks and remove coarsening marks such that
> the level of neighboring elements differs at most by a user
> defined number. (ALUGrid e.g. does this internally).
>
> As someone asked for this functionality in UGGrid I extracted
> this using the grid interface only. This might also be helpfull
> for other third party grid implementations.
>
> Are there any objections to add this to dune/grid/utility?

We could also add a method

  setMaxLevelDifference(unsigned int level)

to UGGrid and call the utility-function from within
UGGrid::preAdapt() internally. On the one hand this
would make it a little easier to write portable code,
on the other hand it's essentially syntactic candy
that blows up the UGGrid interface (by one method).

Furthermore I'm not sure if the name is good. Currently
the function is called

  template<class GridType>
  static void enforceNeighborLevelDifference(GridType& grid, int maxLevelDiff);

Any opinions?

Regards,
Carsten

PS: You can find the full implementation attached.

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser