[Dune] Questions on Grid syntax

Aleksejs Fomins Aleksejs.Fomins at psi.ch
Mon Sep 6 14:56:32 CEST 2010

Dear Dune,

I have a problem with compiling. I will give you a shortened version of
my program. I will send the whole file if required.
I need a class that would store an Element Pointer that is passed to it
as a parameter.

So first I typedef EntityPointerElement:
typedef typename Grid::template Codim<Grid::dimension-3>::EntityPointer
EntityPointerElement;

Then I write my class

class fictitiousBoundaryFace
{
public:
EntityPointerElement elemP;
fictitiousBoundaryFace(EntityPointerElement elemP_,) { elemP = elemP_; }
};

When I compile the program, I get an error like

error: no matching function for call to
‘Dune::EntityPointer<const Dune::ALU3dGrid<3, 3, tetra>,
Dune::ALU3dGridEntityPointer<0, const Dune::ALU3dGrid<3, 3, tetra> >
 >::EntityPointer()’
note: candidates are:
Dune::EntityPointer<GridImp, EntityPointerImp>::EntityPointer(const
IteratorImp&) [with GridImp = const Dune::ALU3dGrid<3, 3, tetra>,
IteratorImp = Dune::ALU3dGridEntityPointer<0, const Dune::ALU3dGrid<3,
3, tetra> >]
note:
Dune::EntityPointer<GridImp, EntityPointerImp>::EntityPointer(const
typename IteratorImp::Entity&) [with GridImp = const Dune::ALU3dGrid<3,
3, tetra>, IteratorImp = Dune::ALU3dGridEntityPointer<0, const
Dune::ALU3dGrid<3, 3, tetra> >]

Could you please suggest what is going wrong?

There is another quick one:
There is a method outerNormal in the intersection iterator class. It
depends on a local coordinate.
Could you please give me an example when the normals would be different
for different local coordinates?

Have a nice day,

Aleksey Fomin
Junior Research Scientist