[Dune] calling subId(...) inside Dune::CommDataHandleIF::gather(...)

Andreas Dedner andreas.dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 13 17:06:35 CEST 2010

Ghost/Overlap entities should be ''exact'' copies
of the corresponding interior entities. That
should include the ordering of subentities. ALUGrid
is build like that (and YaspGrid also).
At least this is my understanding...

Best
Andreas

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:19:50 +0200
 Vogelbacher Florian <Florian.Vogelbacher at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> most probably I'm so wrong, but maybe you can verify it?
> I have written the code to make the ordering but he never
> has to order something. Therefore I assume globalID and
> Index are ordered the same way. Are they?
>
> Sorry for this confusion!
> Florian
>
> Vogelbacher Florian wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > it seems to work. So many thanks.
> >
> > The reason for calling subId() is to sort DoFs:
> > Considering two processes. I have to access the DoFs of
> a ghost entity. However if I just communicate with the
> other process, it might happen that the other process
> sends me the DoFs in another order as I would expect
> them. Or in other words: Is node=0 of the ghost entity of
> processA also the node=0 of the corresponding (overlap)
> element of processB? In my opinion not. Therefore I sort
> them ascending to the ID before sending.
> >
> > Am I possibly wrong with this thesis?
> >
> > Bye
> > Florian
> >
> > Andreas Dedner wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> that you only want codim 0 is not really a compile
> >> time information, so the the gather method in this
> >> form needs to be created for any codimension and
> >> the subId method is not available on entities of
> >> lower codimension - been discussed for some time but
> has not happened yet. To solve this problem just
> >> remove EntityType from the template list of your
> >> gather method and fix the type to codim 0 - you
> probably
> >> have to have a dummy method with template argument
> just
> >> doing nothing to keep the compiler happy.
> >>
> >> BTW: why do you use subId instead of subIndex?
> >>
> >> Best
> >> Andreas
> >>
> >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:23:15 +0200
> >>  Vogelbacher Florian <Florian.Vogelbacher at psi.ch>

> from

> */

> 'node'
> subId(entity,
> subId(entity,
> subId(entity,
> subId(entity,

> ../algebra/parallelsolverdiscontinuousgalerkin.hh:298:
> tetra>,

/home4/vogelbacher_f/svnwork/dune-trunk/dune-grid/dune/grid/common/indexidset.hh:377: