[Dune] unreached headers in DUNE

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 21 13:25:25 CET 2011

On 12/21/2011 01:14 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:28:25PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
>> [@Markus: I guess 'unreached' means 'not included by any other file]
Yes, as I tried to explain, each cc-file is scanned for the includes,
the included header files are scanned for their includes and so on. This
does not tell you that something is actually used out of these header
files, but it tells you that for sure nothing is used out of the
"unreached" files in the core modules.
>> However, many of these files are part of the API and are needed,
>> even if not used within the core modules.
>>
> I totally agee. Not being included somewhere doesn't mean
> anything. Maybe they are needed elsewhere (e.g. user modules) but
> still might be of interest to others and conceptually belong into the
> core. That is why matrixmatrix.hh is there.
>
> IMHO Removing unreached headers might be dangerous.
I agree. I was not suggesting to remove them without any further
consideration. I only wanted to mention that there are files which are
not being tested in the core modules themselves. If you are fine with
that, I am totally happy for you. IMHO of course.

Kind regards
Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de