[Dune] Announcement: upcoming branch for the Dune 2.1 release

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Feb 14 19:49:06 CET 2011

Am Mon, 14. Feb 2011, 16:19:53 +0100 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> This is to let you know that I will create release branches for the
> upcoming 2.1 release tomorrow at about noon.  I will create branches
> for dune-{common|grid|istl|localfunctions|grid-howto|grid-dev-howto}.
> If you still have uncommitted features for 2.1 this is the last chance
> to commit them.

Adrian Ngo, a PhD student in Heidelberg, is still working on moving the
VirtualRefinement stuff from BasicType to topologyId.  This is no mere "fix
deprecation warnings"-thing, since the SubsamplingVTKWriter test segfaults
approximately since GeometryType moved from BasicType to topologyId.

While this is a bugfix local to (Virtual)Refinement/SubsamplingVTKWriter, it
touches the VirtualRefinement stuff rather extensively.  So I ask to either
put of the branch for a few days or to merge this as bugfix later, even though
it may not be a small one.

By the way, I'm giving Adrian write permission to the core modules so he can
check this in.

Thanks,
Jö.

--
If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune