[Dune] Visualization with VTKWriter

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Feb 15 12:56:55 CET 2011

Am Mon, 14. Feb 2011, 16:37:04 +0100 schrieb S. Swayamjyoti:
> I find the following lines in the finiteelement.cc file in the
> dune-grid-howto.(last 3 lines of the code)
>
> *  Dune::VTKWriter<GridType::LeafGridView> vtkwriter(grid.leafView());
>   vtkwriter.addVertexData(p1.u, "u");
>   vtkwriter.write("fem2d", Dune::VTKOptions::binaryappended);*
>
> But, when I make dune-grid-howto and execute *./finiteelement* , I do not
> get fem2d.vtu as an output file which I can visualize with paraview. Please
> suggest.

The whole contents of main() is wrapped inside "#if HAVE_ALBERTA" and "#if
ALBERTA_DIM==2".  So if Alberta is not available in dimension 2, the program
does absolutely nothing.  To verify that this is indeed the problem: do you
get any output from the program at all?  There should be something like
"determine adjacency pattern..." and some more lines.

Anyway, does anybody know how the default dimension for Alberta is determined
these days?  The one that is in effect when the ALL_PKG_* flags are used?

Bye,
Jö.

--
<ex-bart> beleidige cernlib
-:- SignOff Volk1: #macht (EOF From client)