[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r7145 - trunk/dune/grid/common

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 7 13:44:41 CET 2011

Hi Carsten,

> Was there any discussion on this interface change?

I wouldn't consider this an interface change (although it changes the
interface implementation a little). Copying Intersections should not be
allowed (as it is not allowed to copy Entities), you can copy the
IntersectionIterator, if you like to store the Intersection.
Thus, Martin was just fixing a bug that had not been found so far.

Perhaps it would be wise to introduce a COPATIBILITY flag or something
that could make the constructors public again, if it breaks code for
somebody (which I don't believe).

For all other changes of howto to store Intersections and Entities in
the future we should indeed wait until after the release.

  Dr. Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk